Tuesday, July 8, 2008

My friend Theresa tagged me. As if I really have the energy to write about myself when I've been chasing a 13 month old for several hours. Of course, I'll gladly oblige 'cause she'd do the same for me.

"The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post, the player then tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment, letting them know they’ve been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you’ve posted your answer."

1. What was I doing ten years ago? Let me see...I was still teaching kindergarten at that time, so I was probably preparing for home visits with the families of the children in my new class. Ten years ago this would be the week we spent at the beach with the extended family. While at the beach I was planning Jenny's 14th birthday party.

2. What are 5 things on my to-do lists for today? pick up books being held for me at the library,
make Jenny's skirt for the Highland Games at Grandfather Mountain this weekend, take care of Suzi, purchase a mouse to go with the laptop Jenny loaned me, prepare snack food to take to the Highland Games. It's now after 7 PM . . . .I haven't been too successful. I never did make it to the library, Jenny's skirt is complete except for the hem, Suzi, Grandpa and I survived the day, she and I purchased the mouse at Staples this morning and I still haven't gotten around to preparing our snacks.

3. Snacks I enjoy: Doodle-Nuts (my homemade snack mix - named by my brother-in-law), strawberries, watermelon, peaches, other fruits in season, cucumbers fresh from the garden and CHOCOLATE!

4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire: I don't believe my lifestyle would change a lot. I wouldn't want to move, but I would like to do some major home improvements. I would continue to support the things I already do. There are many good causes I would support . . . mostly to benefit children and families. I would definitely support our public schools and libraries, and provide assistance to families who have special needs children. It goes without saying that I'd share with my family.

5. Places I have lived: Orangeburg, Gaffney, Clemson, Pendleton and Columbia all in SC.

6. Jobs I have had: When I was 12 I dipped cones of ice cream at a family owned 5 & 10 cent store, at 14 I worked for a chain 5 & 10 cent store, at 15 I went to work in a camera shop and stayed there until I went to college. After that I worked as a secretary, in retail, and in a lab until I started teaching.

7. Five bloggers I am tagging who you will enjoy getting to know better: Would you believe that I don't know Five bloggers? Most of my friends just email and don't blog. I'll do my best:
The Harrison Family,
Babyfingers,
2lilpumpkins

3 comments:

Jenny said...

I remember that party (the one you planned 10 years ago). It was fun! I had SHORT hair back then.

Theresa said...

Doodlenuts? Doodlenuts? I don't eve want to know!
Thanks for doing the meme!!

Vicky said...

I will do this tag soon....I promise! It may be the first of next week. :)