Monday, September 8, 2008

Where do babies come from? The Cabbage Patch, of course!

Jenny always loved her baby dolls, so it's not surprising that Suzi is following in her mom's footsteps. We took Suzi and her parents to The Cabbage Patch in Cleveland, GA. on Sunday. Cleveland is only about 70 miles from Clemson, making it a nice day trip. Suzi insisted on carrying her baby with her. The baby had to have a visitor's pass. You can see the sticker on her back.

It was such fun watching Suzi try to take in everything she saw.
We could hardly contain her. She wanted to go-go
on her own and explore the whole place.


Each room or area had a theme. Here we are in the school room.
In addition to the bus there was a playground, classroom and cafeteria.


Suzi liked Santa's glasses. She calls everyone's glasses "eyes".


Suzi and her dad checked out some of the
Cabbage Patch Kids in the Christmas area.


She pointed out the noses, eyes, ears and
mouths on the "kids" sitting by the fence.


Then she went shopping! Here she has two Bunny Bees - they're
the ones who sprinkle crystals in the Cabbage Patch to
determine which babies are boys and which are girls.
Bet you didn't know that!

She chose a girl with big green eyes and a tuft of light brown hair.
Once she selected the prefect baby, she was ready to go-go.
She carried it to the check out all by herself.


Grandpa met her there to take care of the paperwork.


She loved her new baby all the way home.


Welcome home Shayla Harmon.

I'm sure there will be more trips to the Cabbage Patch for us. Suzi wasn't at all interested in seeing the action when one of the cabbages had a delivery. I video taped it for her, but she'll want to see it for herself one of these days.

6 comments:

Chat with Kathleen said...

What an exciting place for cabbage patch doll collectors and for little girls and mommys and Grandmommies to visit.
I found these pictures fascinating. I remember 1983 when there was such a craze trying to buy these dolls 25 years ago.
I did not know Cleveland, Georgia,
was the Birthplace of The Cabbage Patch Kids®. I need to plan a visit there.
Will you be attending their birthday party in addition to the annual Fall Leaf Festival
on Saturday, September 20th, 2008? The celebration will be held on
the grounds of BabyLand General® Hospital from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Sounds like a day of fun.
I love the photo of Suzi holding her new baby, Shayla.

Vicky said...

Suzi looks so cute! This is when I wish I had a little girl! LOL Is there a place where cars and trucks are born? How about trains? Oh well....I cherish different types of memories with my boys.

Nancy said...

I didn't know about that! Interesting!! Suzi looks ADORABLE as usual, especially hugging her own "baby" in the car! That was a great place to take her! Will the "American Girl" doll be next, when she is much older? Mackenzie loves dolls too!! I think she would be all excited to go where you took Suzi!!!! Nancy

Loretta @ Stitching the Night Away said...

That is adoreable!!! I am jealous, I always wanted to go visit the patch when I was a kid!

Theresa said...

That is so cute! My girls went there, too. They each had a doll and a baby doll. My orthodontist even put braces on the big ones! Wonder what happened to them? Suzi looks darling, and seems so grown-up!

Debbie said...

Suzi is doll herself. Thank you for sharing your family life with me.
Debbie
The Froggy Librarian