Friday, January 9, 2009

Breaking in New Toys













Suzi, Grandpa and I have enjoyed breaking in
some of her Christmas toys this week. She has
enjoyed the big cardboard blocks (made in the
USA by Melissa and Doug Toys).




















How on earth am I supposed to teach
her to cook when Grandpa is teaching
her to beat rhythms on her new bowls
with the measuring spoons? Maybe
we're helping to raise a future
percussionist . . . .















Suzi and I took our weekly trip to the library
on Thursday for storyhour. We went early so
that she could try out some new puzzles before
the songs and stories started. Then she did
her art project. Suzi always takes her art project
very seriously. She's learning to name the colors
and trying hard to get the right grip on that crayon.
She's in the scribbling stage, but loves to use all
the colors.










Today we gave her a chalkboard (also a Melissa
and Doug toy made in the USA)for the first
time. She is already teaching her baby.
Boy, do I wish I had a video of the conversation!

2 comments:

Vicky said...

Too cute! She looks like she is having a great time. Nolan takes his art projects very seriously too. Glad to see you blogging again!

Chat with Kathleen said...

You must have had so much fun playing with Suzi and her toys.

I wish I could be closer to Nolan and Braydon so I could do the same. I did have a fabulous time when they were here last October. Hated to see them go.
Nolan as he left to return to SC knew I did not want him to leave, he said "Grandma, don't be sad I'll be back"